Re: [Phys-l] optics

I always assumed that was due to less light making it to the arm due to
reflection at the surface and then attenuated losses in the water.

Ken Fox

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Paul Lulai <plulai@stanthony.k12.mn.us>wrote:

My 6 year old stumped me with a similar question. When taking a bath, why
is the portion of her arm under water have a slightly different color?

Paul Lulai
Physics Instructor, Science Olympiad Coach,
.: Medtronic - St Anthony RoboHuskie Team 2574:. Faculty Advisor

Saint Anthony Village Senior High School, ISD 282
3303 33rd Avenue N.E.
Saint Anthony Village, MN 55418
(w) 612-706-1144
(fax) 612-706-1140

http://www.robohuskie.com
http://prettygoodphysics.wikispaces.com
http://sites.google.com/site/go4st8physics/
http://www.stanthony.k12.mn.us/hsscience/index.shtml

Education comes from within; you get it by struggle and effort and thought.
Napoleon Hill
One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone
sees that it doesn't fall. Paul Valéry