Re: [Phys-l] SuperMemo

Jeffrey Schnick wrote:
...a piece of software called SuperMemo that is
supposed to help you remember things. See:

<https://carnot.physics.buffalo.edu/archives/2008/4_2008/msg00262.html>
... I decided to give SuperMemo a go and with the exception of
about 4 or 5 days along the way, I've been using it every day since. I
went with the version that came out in 1998 since it is free. (Google
"supermemo freeware" if interested.) It's not magical, but I find that
it works... Thanks Brian. Jeff Schnick
You are most welcome. Faced with your enthusiasm, I reread Gary Wolf's article at the
URL in question:
<http://www.wired.com/medtech/health/magazine/16-05/ff_wozniak?currentPage=1>
...though I had all but forgotten it. I found this paragraph specially interesting:

"Precisely those things that seem to signal we're learning well — easy performance on drills, fluency during a lesson, even the subjective feeling that we know something — are misleading when it comes to predicting whether we will remember it in the future. "The most motivated and innovative teachers, to the extent they take current performance as their guide, are going to do the wrong things," Robert Bjork says. 'It's almost sinister.' "

Brian W