From: "Quist, Oren" <Oren.Quist@SDSTATE.EDU>
To: Forum for Physics Educators <phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu>
Sent: Saturday, April 25, 2009 9:07:39 AM
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] balloon floating in air in car

A little disappointing that no one seems willing to pick up on this as there is some good physics involved.

The accelerating car would set up a pressure wave in the air. The time to affect the balloon would be proporsional to the car's interior dimension divided by the speed of the pressure wave (speed of sound).