Re: [Phys-l] Watch "60 minutes" today

I did not get to watch the 60 minutes presentation, but I did look at the
web site. I was not impressed by the web site. In one video they
disclaimed that there were any nuclear processes, and the investigator
essentially implied he did not have much knowledge of physics.

In the second video they claimed deuterium fusion. If this really happens
then there should be an independent way of verifying this. The explanation
of why there is fusion sounded like gobbledy-gook to me. Now if someone
else can explain his explanation in more reasonable terms, I would be glad
to read it.

They claim to be designing this effect for home heating!!! I am not sure I
want a fusion reactor in my home.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX