Re: [Phys-l] Watch "60 minutes" today

You might also want to look at Bob Park's books on pathological science...or look at his What New from APS.

joe

Joseph J. Bellina, Jr. Ph.D.
Professor of Physics
Saint Mary's College
Notre Dame, IN 46556

On Apr 20, 2009, at 2:23 PM, kyle forinash wrote:

HI

I have no expertise on this particular topic however I think there are
some interesting comments which might apply from a lecture by I.
Langmuir as recorded in an article in Physics Today, Oct. 1989, page 36.
In the article (a transcription by R. N. Hall from a recording of
Langmuir) a short list of aspects which are common among examples of
'pathological science' is given. I wonder how many apply to the present
case? I have the article in pdf if anyone wants it.

kyle

Message: 1