Re: [Phys-l] taxes (was SOLAR , NUCLEAR ENERGY etc.)

At that level, it's the ultimate in publish or perish with no promise of tenure. I wouldn't want the stress or family problems that come with that job. I'd rather be one of the players making ....oh, I forgot. They "can't" pay the players...yeah.

Violence and competition are entertainment. That's why astronomers and particle physicists keep trying to outdo each other: "I've got the biggest in the world, " and "I found it first so that makes me better." And I guess my cynicism makes me more (self-)righteous than they. Like someone said, no simple prescriptions.

BN

"Shapiro, Mark" <mshapiro@Exchange.FULLERTON.EDU> 4/15/2009 8:51 am >>>
Football coach at $2,000,000!!!

What doesn't compute here?