Re: [Phys-l] Energy use (was CFLs)

From: Rick Tarara <rtarara@saintmarys.edu>

So...I think we can struggle to a 25% savings--but I find 50% far fetched.

I can agree with your numbers but I'd be interesting in hearing what you make of them. Do you mean to imply that beyond this 25% our energy use is non-negotiable even in the face of climate change and energy limits? Or am I missing your tone and you think that we can, should, or will attempt to change our energy usage but we have just reached a point where the usage is too ingrained and the change is too large to be able to pull it off?