[Phys-l] well to wheels efficiency; GREET simulation

Hi all;

I just ran across this spreadsheet/program which is free from Argonne Labs that models the well to wheels efficiency along with greenhouse gas emissions for various input parameters (fuel source, vehicle type, etc.). As near as I can tell you can go in and compare, for example, hydrogen fuel cell cars using hydrogen from renewable energy to hybrid diesel using biodiesel from soybeans or any other combination.

Aside from an inordinate number of acronyms I think students could probably use it without too much difficulty:

http://www.transportation.anl.gov/modeling_simulation/GREET/index.html

kyle

"When applied to material things,
the term "sustainable growth" is an oxymoron."
Albert Bartlett

kyle forinash 812-941-2039
kforinas@ius.edu
http://Physics.ius.edu/