From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
[mailto:phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of David
Appell
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2009 3:40 PM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Cc: ludwik kowalski
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] global temperatures -- a modest proposal

ludwik kowalski wrote:
And how would nuclear electricity compete with coal electricity today?

Personally, I think it is preferable. But a lot of people don't agree,
including, it seems, the Chinese.

I just meant that after oil is gone, and perhaps before it, people will
burn anything to keep warm, with little-to-no regard for the climate.
(So will I, frankly.) Nuclear would be preferable to coal, but nuclear's

errors are disproportionally magnified compared coal's. A
Chernobyl-scale meltdown in the West would probably kill it for a long,
long time.

David

--
David Appell, freelance science journalist
e: appell@nasw.org