Re: [Phys-l] global temperatures

John Mallinckrodt wrote:
On Apr 4, 2009, at 7:16 PM, David T. Marx wrote:

The South Pole has vastly increased its ice thickness from the 1950s until the 90s. ... All of this data is readily available to anyone via a simple Google search.

David,

I'm usually a pretty good Googler, but I can't find any reputable source that supports this statement. Where did you find it?

John Mallinckrodt
Cal Poly Pomona
I don't think it can be associated with the recent observation of a considerable and now overhanging Antarctic ice shelf, which if it gives way will put a quite appreciable bump into coastline submersion.

Brian W