Re: [Phys-l] basketball redux

I thought the thread was intended to be about centrifugal force--at least
that's what I thought John D was saying.

Larry

At 5:25 PM -0500 3/18/09, Jack Uretsky wrote:
Hi all-
This thread boggles my brain, so I think I'll take a quick run
around the block while I try to think things through.
What do we learn from trying to compare an intellectual activity
with a physical activity. Are the two logically comparable because both
can be referred to using the same word, "activity"?
Regards,
Jack