Re: [Phys-l] High stakes testing (Was:What's the point of teaching to the testwhen it's questions are incorrect?)

One method, if my thinking is correct, to have "both worlds" is to test all schools for a few years then the "top" 90% are tested only once every, say, five years. The bottom 10 are tested until they pass the 10% std. Those bottom schools get special attention*, e.g. more money for tutors and mentors for the teachers, after school programs, social workers for the homes, etc. You know; all that left wing stuff.

* Not punished as is done in California now.

bc thinks the tests should be made by a group of teachers, business people who are going to hire the students and the post HS ed. institution instructors, NOT ETS.

Note business support community colleges, because this is cheaper than on the job training -- I'll grant "being good citizens" also.

And, Thatcher was Minister of ED. before becoming PM, I'll be she instituted that disastrous testing programme