Re: [Phys-l] Why we stress units

The reason is, it rained just before the battle of Waterloo, therefore, my almost hero couldn't maneuver his cannon (his expertise was cannon *) and lost the battle. If he'd won, he might have gone on to conquer England and introduce the metric system, as he did in all the countries he conquered.

* Why he made many of the Parisian streets straight when rebuilding. Contrary to the cartoons, it's difficult to make cannon balls go around corners.

bc fractured history buff.

p.s. In the BBC Black Adder series he won -- for a short time.