Re: [Phys-l] Climate Change - Is it Controversial?

Anthracite is the most metamorphosed so fossil evidence is scarce or absent in that source. But at the least metamorphosed end - the lignites - fossil roots penetrating the coal seam are to be found.

Bernard Cleyet wrote:
In my searching I did encounter similar data --

By reminding me of the higher E. content of some Bituminous perhaps explains its preference for coking.

BTW one reference pointed out the presence of flowering plants in some bituminous coals along w/ dinosaur evidence. [shoulda save them -- too lazy to use history ~ 45 items]

bc admits he made a side trip on the Molly Maguires.