Re: [Phys-l] Climate Change - Is it Controversial?

I think the reason carbon is used is it produces CO2 while H2 results is water. The latter's vapour is a green house gas (more effective than CO2, even), but I suspect adding water, just results in a bit more in the ocean not the atmosphere. The feed back (vicious is a better word than positive) of increased clouds due to a higher earth temp. is more worrisome;

thinks bc.

p.s. I do suspect more carbon,largely elemental as coal, is combusted that H-Cs especially in China.

Some fossils I've dug up:

http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/greenhouse_data.html

I can think of a few arguments against the above conclusion.

more to our liking?

http://www.epa.gov/appdstar/pdf/brochure.pdf.