Re: [Phys-l] Climate Change - Is it Controversial?

In a message dated 3/12/2009 12:59:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
betwys1@sbcglobal.net writes:

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009, Robert Carlson wrote:

My point is that coal and petroleum, being biofuels, were once part of
Earth's biosystem. The carbon in them has been removed from the biosystem and
is no longer available to the biosystem as a renewable energy source. So,
perhaps they should be burned and returned to the biosystem.

We are taking millions of years of carbon sequestration and dumping it into
the atmosphere in a mere hundred years or so. This is causing rapid change is
the energy balance of the atmosphere which will lead to catastrophic global
temperature increase. There just isn''t any significant uncertainty in the
physics here, at least in broad detail. We are heading for very bad times.

Bob Zannelli
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219671244x1201345076/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID
%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)