Re: [Phys-l] Climate Change - Is it Controversial?

This note of Jack's seems surprizing. A non-sequitur, on the face of it.
Nobody argues against the fact that the materials we have been burning
in great profusion since the bar sinister scion of the Earl of Dudley opened up his estate to open face coal mining and roasting and iron ore mining, kicking off the Industrial Revolution, were biogenic. The rhetorical question, can non-biogenic (hydro)carbon sources burn, is hardly worthy of our time, or is it?

Brian W

Jack Uretsky wrote:
What makes you think that carbon has to be part of a biosystem in order to combine with oxygen (burn)? Burning is only a question of whether a substance's combination with oxygen is exothermic or endothermic.
Regards,
Jack