Re: [Phys-l] Keen Grasp of the Obvious - Is it Controversial?

Yes, you are right. I have stretched some definitions and I apologize for this.

--- On Wed, 3/11/09, John Denker <jsd@av8n.com> wrote:

From: John Denker <jsd@av8n.com>
Subject: [Phys-l] Keen Grasp of the Obvious - Is it Controversial?
To: "Forum for Physics Educators" <phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu>
Date: Wednesday, March 11, 2009, 2:17 PM
On 03/11/2009 08:34 AM, Robert Carlson wrote:
So, can we agree that coal and oil are biofuels?

*) A titmouse is not a mouse.

*) Chocolate turtles are not made from turtles.

*) Milk of Magnesia is not made from milk.

*) The Holy Roman Empire was neither holy, nor Roman, nor
an empire.

*) Coal and petroleum are not biofuels.

*) You can look up the meaning of words in a dictionary.

*) Repeatedly misdefining well-known terms and bringing up
irrelevant
distractions is not a good way to win an argument.

*) Elvis is dead.

http://www.av8n.com/physics/weird-terminology.htm