Re: [Phys-l] Climate Change - Is it Controversial?

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but it seems to me that Robert Carlson is taking a lot of abuse for having asked a fairly straightforward question.

Back in the middle of the last century, when I was in grade school, we were taught that oil, natural gas, and coal (and therefor diamond) were formed from big fern like plants that grew in abundance long, long ago. If that's no longer the accepted explanation, I, too, would be interested in knowing. No particular agenda, just curiosity.

Bob Yeend