Re: [Phys-l] Climate Change - Is it Controversial?

Fossil's etymology is : [From Latin fossilis, dug up, from fossus, past participle of fodere, to dig.]

So, as John Denker has written, Uranium is also a fossil fuel. I suggest for coal oil, and natural gas, using, for example, metamorphic carbonaceous fuel.

I think the dug up definition is very appropriate, as fossil often refers to bones, teeth, etc., which, tho fossilized are dug up, also.
(Often covered w/ gunny sacking and plaster composite and carried away.)

bc, former Latin scholar, Peccary Society member, reads JD's posts, and is a fossil.