Re: [Phys-l] Climate Change - Is it Controversial?

I disagree, so I'll ask the question again. Are fossil fuels called fossil fuels because they were once lifeforms?

--- On Tue, 3/10/09, David Appell <appell@nasw.org> wrote:

From: David Appell <appell@nasw.org>
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Climate Change - Is it Controversial?
To: phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
Cc: rcarlson@physicstoolkit.com
Date: Tuesday, March 10, 2009, 6:30 PM
Robert Carlson wrote:
Well, does the fossil in fossil fuels suggest ancient
lifeforms, or
something else other than lifeforms?

Who cares? It has absolutely nothing to do with lifeforms
or the lack of them.

Your questions in this regard are useless and completely
miss the point, and are detracting from the question at
hand, which is how do to we prevent the ancient carbon
dioxide we are digging up from perturbing our planet's
atmosphere and oceans.

David