Re: [Phys-l] Figuring Physics in the March TPT The Physics Teacher

Bill Nettles wrote:
Bad Astronomy had a good picture of a planetary nebula that was 2 AU across at a distance of 500 LY. It was kind of fuzzy, not nearly as pretty as some Hubble pictures of other planetary nebula, but they were 4.3 LY across at 10000 LY distance. but when you compare the angular sizes, the quality of the first becomes dramatically impressive (13 milliarcseconds versus 1.5 arc-minutes).
I read this passage twice, and it means as much to me now as before I read a word.
So this is how decrepitude begins? :-)

Brian W