Re: [Phys-l] Physics First Revisited

Seeds of science results do look promising. But it also looks like a
science program with some emphasis on reading. I would also say that the
emphasis on inquiry is the important component. The recent SCIENCE article
comparing Chinese and US education showed a significant increase in
reasoning ability when inquiry lessons were used. The location of that
article in my previous message.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX

Thanks Larry.
That Seeds of Science program involving "doing, talking, reading, and
writing about science" looks impressive. I'd be interested in hearing
more about the research results discussed on the page that the
"effectiveness of the units" link on the main page brings you to.