[Phys-l] Fwd: Free Science Camps on Modern Physics at Perimeter Institute Now Accepting Applications

Dan MacIsaac, Associate Professor of Physics, SUNY-Buffalo State College
222SciBldg BSC, 1300 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo NY 14222 USA 716-878-3802
<macisadl@buffalostate.edu> <http://PhysicsEd.BuffaloState.edu>
Physics Graduate Coordinator & Dept Chair Pro Tem

Dan MacIsaac, Associate Professor of Physics, SUNY-Buffalo State College
222SciBldg BSC, 1300 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo NY 14222 USA 716-878-3802
<macisadl@buffalostate.edu> <http://PhysicsEd.BuffaloState.edu>
Physics Graduate Coordinator & Dept Chair Pro Tem

Begin forwarded message:

FroDear Educator,

Canada’s Perimeter Institute is now accepting applications for free summer science camps for students and teachers with a keen interest in modern physics (all expenses paid within Canada). Please note that:
For your students - the application deadline for the “International Summer School for Young Physicists” is Thursday, March 19, 2009
For your teachers - the application deadline for the “Einstein Plus Teachers’ Workshop” is Tuesday, March 31, 2009
We hope you will share this information with other students and teachers by:
Forwarding this email to interested students and groups
Printing and hanging the downloadable poster that is available here
Adding this short description to your blogs, websites or any newsletters you may be involved in:
Canada’s Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics (PI), is now accepting applications for their free summer science camps for students and teachers with a keen interest in modern physics. All expenses are paid within Canada. For detailed information regarding these camps please visit www.issyp.ca and www.einsteinplus.ca.

What past teachers to Einstein Plus say about their experience at Perimeter:

“Lots of sharing, new ideas, new strategies, stretching of the mind... I am very excited about this coming year in my classroom.”

“This has been an amazing, memorable, and motivating experience. I would highly recommend it. This has exceeded my expectations.”

“Very intellectually stimulating program, good for both getting me informed and excited about modern physics, but also giving me ideas of how to bring this into the classroom. A fantastic opportunity.”

What past students to ISSYP say about their experience at Perimeter:

“I attended ISSYP three years ago and now my summer job is cosmology research! I give credit to this program for giving me the self- confidence to believe I could become a physicist and putting me on the path I am on. It showed me that…there is no reason not to try."

“ISSYP was a great adventure for me. I met wonderful people in there; both students from around the world and researchers. It involved some heavily mind-stretching activities, but also gave a lot of valuable insight into actual working life of theoretical physicists. The experience of ISSYP gave me a lot of motivation, which still helps with studying and working for the University of Oxford."

Additional information is available online at www.perimeterinstitute.ca.

If you have any questions, please contact:
Julie Taylor
jtaylor@perimeterinstute.ca
(519) 569-7600 ext. 5011

We look forward to receiving applications from your school.

Best Regards,
Perimeter Institute Outreach Team

To remove yourself from this email list click here