Re: [Phys-l] Physics First Revisited

Jack Uretsky wrote:
Hi all-
This is a fine example of the tyranny of labels.
Because there is a department called "Education" in your school, and people who call themselves "Teachers of Education", we are to assume that these people can tell us how to teach effectively....Jack

One who has no particular sharp edged implement to hone could as well offer this:

"There is a tyranny of labels.
Because there is a Department of Physics (..or pick one to taste) in your school,
and people who call themselves physicists ( ) or teachers of physics ( ), are we to assume
that these people can teach physics effectively?"

One wants to answer: "If not them, then who?"

Brian W