Re: [Phys-l] Fuel cell efficiency

On 02/01/2009 12:27 PM, kyle forinash wrote:

I have read statements about fuel cell efficiency decreasing as more
current flows (Wikipedia) but I don't understand them. I

There's a super-simple explanation for part of that:
internal I^2 R losses. Draw the circuit diagram for
a black box containing an ideal battery plus some
internal resistance.

The I^2 R losses in the internal resistor count against
the thermodynamic efficiency of the black box i.e. the
real-world cell.