Re: [Phys-l] Physics First Revisited

----- Original Message ----- From: "Anthony Lapinski" <Anthony_Lapinski@pds.org>

I try to cover less material
and teach kids more how to think (conceptual questions, peer instruction,
etc.).

In my mind, this is actually a symptom of our educational problems. Science (Physics) should be where students are exercising their thinking skills rather than learning them for the first time. That a college physics course often takes on the primary curricular responsibility for introducing critical thinking skills is the sad commentary.

Rick