[Phys-l] viscous fluid

I am looking for a similar fluid to that in an Ooze Tube -- the clear
cylinder with two halves connected by a small opening. When the tube is
inverted, it takes a relatively long time for the colored fluid to "ooze"
through the hole. I want to make a larger version of this using 1-L
bottles and a Tornado Tube connector.

I was planning to use honey. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Which brand honeys are most viscous? And do I have to worry about
crystallization? How about Karo syrup or molasses? I believe these flow
more easily than honey. Other viscous (and relatively clear) fluids?