Re: [Phys-l] Challenge Activity

A message received today is shown below.
Ludwik

The Wiley Faculty Network is pleased to invite you to join our dynamic Spring Guest Lecture series, featuring a host of timely topics in Physics that are sure to be of interest to you and your colleagues.

Join faculty from all over the world as we explore new teaching techniques, new ways to engage students, and the latest classroom technologies without leaving your office. Each virtual Guest Lecture is led by one of your colleagues in the field and you can participate from your own computer with internet access -- at no cost.

Once you are registered, we will send you detailed instructions on how to attend.

For a complete listing of Wiley Faculty Network Guest Lectures, including dates and times, visit our website at www.WhereFacultyConnect.com .

Register now by selecting the virtual Guest Lecture(s) you are interested in attending:

• Contemporary Introductory Physics
Presenter: Ruth Chabay & Bruce Sherwood, North Carolina State University
• Learning Physics in Large Lectures: An Oxymoron? How Technology Can Help! Presenter: Craig Kletzing, University of Iowa
• How Things Work: The Physics of Everyday Life; Teaching an Unconventional Introductory Physics Course
Presenter: Lou Bloomfield, University of Virginia
• The Interactive Classroom and Effective Use of CRS
Presenter: David Marx, Illinois State University
In addition to our online Guest Lecture Series offerings, the Wiley Faculty Network is a complete instructor resource for technology training and tutorials, live workshops, and peer-to-peer consulting, all designed to encourage the sharing of experiences, ideas, and resources.

We hope to see you online this Spring at one or more of our Guest Lectures!

Sincerely,

Your Wiley Faculty Network Team
FacultyNetwork@wiley.com
1-866-4FACULTY

Ludwik Kowalski, a retired physics teacher and an amateur journalist. Updated links to publications and reviews are at:

http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/cf/ http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/my_opeds.html http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/revcom.html