Re: [Phys-l] COLD FUSION

On Dec 19, 2009, at 2:36 AM, scitch@verizon.net wrote:

Sorry everyone, I cannot get used to the fact that "reply" functions like "reply to all" on this list. Doesn't make any sense.

Obviously, that message was just intended for Ludwik.

Dear Mike,

1) The message you posted on the list by mistake would be harmful if Jeff, who is probably going to report his results to me today, was on Phys-L list. That would make him aware of the result obtained by one of the-Curie-Project participant. Jeff would know that you and your student had negative results. But Jeff is most likely not on Phys-L list (he is an engineer not a teacher). Therefore the results he will report to me today will probably not be influenced by knowing your negative result. Hopefully, he will confirm this. Working independently (not influencing each other) is an important principle in our investigation.

2) Your message ended with this observation: "His science fair project would be much better if he got some positive results." I think that negative results are just as valid as positive results, especially in a project whose purpose is to verify a scientific claim.

3) As soon as I hear from Jeff I will finish to draft my paper and we will discuss it (first among ourselves only). There will be many topics to address; the issue of performing additional experiments will be one of them.

Ludwik's new book (AUTOBIOGRAPHY) see:

http://pages.csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/mybook.html