Re: [Phys-l] induced electric field

is not that hard, or was not that hard?
Regards,
Jack

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009, Brian Whatcott wrote:

With a peak emitted power of hundreds of watts in the VHF, that
initial demonstration is not that hard to replicate, if the antennae are
close....

Brian W

Jack Uretsky wrote:
Methinks it is not that simple. The fields sare usually generated in an
enclosed space, and the effect of the boundaries are crucial. Antenna
design is one of the higher arts.
I had a taste of this one evening when another teacher and I,
fooling around in the lab, tried to duplicate the settup where Hertz
discovered radio waves. We never succeeded, even with a copy of sthe
famous Britannica article describing his setup.
Regards,
Jack