Re: [Phys-l] induced electric field

Let me throw in another snippet that has not been mentioned in the current melee:

A (slowly) increasing magnetic field gives rise to an electromagnetic field, in the nature of things, that radiates at the speed of light - we call them radio waves.

Brian W

Jack Uretsky wrote:
Hi all-
I don't know enough about the old aether analogy, but mebbe that makes thing easier to think about. The point is that curl -> vorticity, and in the fluid analogy, vorticity keeps the medium from increasing its velocity uniformly. This has to work out, because Maxwell's equations were consistent with the old idea of the aether as a fluid.
Regards,
Jack