Re: [Phys-l] Which is the most E efficient?

Well, I meant least expensive.

What about the "heat" input necessary to compensate for the cooling caused by the "swamp cooler" (wet towel and fan)?

Is the "hear" of vaporization the same at RT and 100 C? The E expended raising the water to 100 C? These are the questions I thought.

bc thinks an interesting question for students to "research" and calculate. Does a conservation theorem apply?

p.s. How about wearing a modified dust mask with a wet screen? I'm reminded of the Indian potentate who wanted to pave over his kingdom w/ skins for the benefit of his people -- A courtier suggested the invention of shoes.