Re: [Phys-l] What's happening here?

HI,

I have seen interesting patterns in sawdust. One of the difference between them and "normal" Chladni plates is that sawdust sticks together. In someway, the original patterns are like rips in the layer of sawdust. The rips probably occur near the motion is larger, but it may depend on random weakness in the layer of sawdust.

Thanks
Roger U of AZ

Bernard Cleyet wrote:
I do. The usual Chladni plates are simple geometrically. I suspect yours is not. Furthermore, I suspect your excitation is also not the usual, but more complex.

bc Tutto è Chladni