Re: [Phys-l] The Republican "war on science" has moved to the UK.

Pure political opinion--and more stupidity in my opinion. ;-) Keep the political crap--all such opinions--off this list or expect to start flame wars.

Rick (noting that the political loonies in charge are a different color than they were a year ago--but the lunacy remains)

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Mallinckrodt" <ajm@csupomona.edu>
To: "Forum for Physics Educators" <phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu>
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2009 10:56 AM
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] The Republican "war on science" has moved to the UK.

Bob,

With all due respect, it is not insignificant that "lefty-looneys"
simply do not occupy positions of power in the United States and that
their looniness has miniscule if any effect on public policy. The
same cannot begin to be said about "righty wingnuts" of religious and
other persuasions. Their nuttiness has had and continues to have
profoundly negative consequences for our economic well-being, for our
foreign policy, and for our standing in the world.

John Mallinckrodt
Cal Poly Pomona