[Phys-l] Lead Brick

To make lead counterweights for my trebuchet I melted lead pellets used for reloading shotgun shells. You can buy bags of them at Gander mountain, or another sporting goods store. All the usual precautions about fumes of course apply,
cheers,
David
P.S. I use the same source for lead to melt and dip my fingers in, it's a strange way to make a living....