Re: [Phys-l] lead brick

I pick up during my walks the tyre balancing weights. I now have a coffee can full for eventual casting. Tyre firms may collect recycle money, so not readily given, but try (and try , try again). I use small (e.g. 12 V. 10 AH) Pb-acid batts. for clamping when gluing and as inertia and increased friction for rigidity of my coffee table low friction cart track. These are plentiful where ever electric carts are used. e.g. Santa Barbara Beach rentals (from a friend) and golfing**. These are handily already encased, but don't use as a Behr free fall dropper; acid all over.

** Uninterruptible P/Ss too.

bc full of humor today.

Recyclers are another source. Also the backing of dental X-ray film -- this will require many dentists and use of exploited student labour. Finally, EH&S have oodles of those little (and not so little) Pb bottles to transport radio-active sources. You have a research Bio. Dept.?