Re: [Phys-l] Memory and how it works

Sorry, but the fact is that Appellate Courts in the US continue to affirm such convictions, usually by claiming that there is convincing supporting evidence. As a Asssistant Public-Defender I went through the hassle in at least one such case which got 3 (out of the necessary 4 votes) to be heard in the U. S. Supreme Court. I can find the citations if anyone is really interested.
Moral: John seems to have an unrealistically romantic view of the US criminal justice system.