Re: [Phys-l] Memory and how it works

This is an ancient topic. It came up in Britain a couple of decades ago, in connection with eyewitness identifications, and is a favorite topic in law schoools - professors arrange unscheduled and unexpected incidents in the classroom and then take testimony from the students as eyewitnesses.
For a more modern revival of the topic, see
http://writ.news.findlaw.com/dorf/20010516.html
Regards,
Jack