Re: [Phys-l] lab assesment

Your requirement for evaluating empirical data reminded me once again
of the virtues of Galileo's inclined plane experiments.

Given representative times for a ball to descend a grooved board of
known angle and known height and
given the relations for constant acceleration and
modelling the inclination as 'diluting' the force due to gravity
it is a valuable experience to model the data with appropriate equations.
Especially for students not yet familiar with angular momentum.
How do they treat the data. Is it 'bent'?

Brian W