Re: [Phys-l] Digital TV signal delay

Interesting discussion, but I'm not sure it explains an observation I made
after I had digital cable installed. (FIOS..)

One evening, my wife turned on the TV in the den to the same station I was
watching in my office (30 feet away...) and there was a noticeable delay -
over a second- between the two signals. Was one of my decoder boxes
operating at a higher resolution and needing more decoding time?

enquiring minds want to know...

PL

Pete Lohstreter "Happy is he who gets to know
The Hockaday School the reasons for things. "
11600 Welch Rd Virgil (70-19 BCE) Roman poet.
Dallas, TX 75229

214-360-6389

plohstreter@mail.hockaday.org

See what our students are doing......