Re: [Phys-l] Frequency dependence of resistance

On 09/18/2008 12:43 PM, Dan Crowe wrote:
Resistance is defined to be the component of the impedance that is
due to the component of the current that is in phase with the
potential difference. The definition of resistance does not imply
that resistance is independent of frequency.

OK, I'll bite.

Can you give an example of a circuit that has a frequency-dependent
resistance with a frequency-independent I/V phase relationship?
A lumped-circuit example would be especially helpful.

I have never seen such a critter. If you can exhibit one, I'll be
impressed.

By way of contrast, here is the classic circuit to solve the
*opposite* problem, namely the all-pass gain-of-1 phase shifter:
http://www.geocities.com/scaprile/fx.html#phase_shift