From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
[mailto:phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf
Of Paul Lulai
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 11:30 AM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: [Phys-l] Reading Questions / Memos

" I'm glad you've found out what "reading memos' can do --
they're great!"

I teach h.s. physics. I am curious about how folks use
reading questions or reading memos. I've read that some
college courses use them. I can't imagine that anyone has
the time to review 1-4 reading questions from each student in
their course(s).
- do students email their questions, put them on note-cards, other?
- do you simply draw a few at random to see what the
recurring themes are?
- how do you give points to students for completing the questions?

Thanks for any insight into your methods.

Paul Lulai . . . To wonder is to begin to understand Physics
Instructor Science Olympiad Coach US First Robotics Teacher
.: Medtronic - St Anthony RoboHuskie Team 2574:.
Saint Anthony Village Senior High School, ISD 282
3303 33rd Avenue N.E.
Saint Anthony Village, MN 55418
(w) 612-706-1144
(fax) 612-706-1140