Re: [Phys-l] SI unit for time

I think the point is that this usage does not follow the metric rules.
If we canonically follow the rules that 1000 of any base unit is denoted
"k", then

1000 m = 1 km
1000 s = 1 ks
1000 kg = 1 kkg

The logical solution would be to come up with a whole new name for the
mass of that chunk of metal in Paris and then restart from there.
Better yet, wait until a new standard is developed based on fundamental
properties, and give *that* quantity an original name.

Tim

It is a metric tonne, or tonne metric, more correctly, but still
"correct" according to Wilipedia*, a megagram, or Mg.

I know that-but it still does not have a name. 1000 m = 1 km, 1000 s
=
1 ks, 1000 kg = ??