[Phys-l] Need participants for study of WebAssign

Hello All,
This message is intended for high school physics teachers (my apologies to everyone else, though you may find this interesting).

I am a graduate student at SIUE working on my Master's in Physics Education Research and I am asking for your help. For my thesis, I am conducting a comparative study between web-delivered homework and end- of-chapter paper based homework to see if students develop different problem solving strategies. If you are interested in participating in this study, WebAssign is issuing free use of the system during the study. This would be an excellent opportunity to test their system and see if it meets your educational needs. In addition, you will be given all the data and results for your classes as well as the overall results of our study.

To participate, we do have a few restrictions.
1) Do you teach algebra-based physics in a public high school?
2) Do you have at least two sections of the same physics class?
3) Would you be willing to have one section do WebAssign homework and the other do end-of-the-chapter problems?
4) Are you willing to work with WebAssign and are your students able to access the internet to do their homework?

If you answered YES to all four, then I would greatly appreciate your participation in this study.

If you are interested in participating and/or would like some more information, please contact me at twithee@gmail.com. Also, if you know of any other teachers who would be interested in participating, please have them contact me at twithee@gmail.com. If you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to e-mail me. Again, thank you so much for your time and effort.

Good Luck and have a great school year,
Thank you,
Thomas Withee
Physics and Astronomy Teacher, Collinsville High School, Collinsville, IL
PER Master's Candidate, SIUE