Re: [Phys-l] Effective teaching

I wonder how many other folks here could identify with the 'Effective Learning' method that brian is describing here.

I got thru school quite nicely by keeping one eye and one ear open in class and giving back to the teacher what they wanted to hear.

I tried not to let the classroom interfere too much with my own learning process and I quite rejoice in the (few) teachers who actually helped me learn cool stuff.

Mirror the teacher => get good grades.

Being this sort of student meant that I was was well suited to remain in the academic world?!?!?!?!