Re: [Phys-l] CA mandates 8th grade algebra test

I initiated this thread which my mail app. has separated into two widely separated ones. I included a link to the Salinas rag, which is still "good".

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CA_ALGEBRA_DISPUTE_CAOL-? SITE=CASAL&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2008-07-09-23-50-46

Later at restaurant dinner I read essentially the same article in the San Jose Mercury -- It's been AP'd so probably in a jillion papers.

bc suggest Googling for details JD may not have included and wonders why not one has commented on his clock driven compound pendulum.