From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [mailto:phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of Paul Lulai
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 1:30 PM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Ca mandates 8th-grade algebra test

<<<<< Mark S states:
The push for "algebra for everyone" comes from those who believe that everyone needs to have a college degree to be successful
end >>>>>

I've also had folks use, "what, don't you believe that everyone can learn?!" That crowd typically doesn't like the reply, "everyone can learn, but not at the same rate. "

Paul Lulai
Physics Teacher
US First Robotics Teacher
..:: Medtronic - St Anthony RoboHuskie 2574 ::..
Science Olympiad Coach
St. Anthony Village Senior High
Saint Anthony Village, MN
55418