Re: [Phys-l] the physics of muggy weather ... and the evil of axes

At 09:21 AM 7/10/2008, Bob, LaM., you wrote:
///
A quick way to get the wet bulb temperature is to place a thermometer in a moist paper towel and set the combination on a counter top for about 5 minutes. Natural convection will bring the temperature of the towel to the wet bulb temperature. The Psychrometric chart will then give the dew point and relative humidity.

Bob at PC

I suppose that if the objective is to deduce the expected effect of running a
swamp cooler, the first step would suffice: take the temperature of a moist
blotting paper in the test environment after a few minutes.
[Is there such a thing as blotting-paper any more?
that would presuppose ink, which I haven't seen for a while...]

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!