Re: [Phys-l] Poynting Vector

This is an excellent question.
Let's keep it simple - steady state no external circuits etc.

I'll suggest that we make it more real and less ideal using a simple dipole to replace the capacitor.

Keep the positive point charge on the left etc.

Now look at the Poynting vector at locations other than directly between the point charges.

Power is conserved

What is circulating besides electrical power??

Maybe the Vector Potential comes into play??

What about angular momentum?